Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame

This past weekend I went to Fort Worth. On Friday, I went to Dallas to take an aptitude test for the Navy. On Saturday, my brother and I went to the Rangers - Astros baseball game at the Ballpark at Arlington.



The starting pitchers were Padilla for the Rangers versus Oswalt for the Astros. The game began with a flag presentation honoring military personnel and their families. It included a speech from a Major General in Iraq.

The game began with the Astros batting first. They got off to a 1-0 start in the top of the 1st. The following picture is of first pitch.



However, the lead didn't last long as the Rangers scored 2 in the bottom of the 1st to take the lead, which they did not give up. The picture below is of Oswalt's first pitch in the bottom of the 1st.

Despite getting the loss, it was fun going to the game and getting to watch the Astros. I have always been a 'stros fan and pulled for them long before they won the pennant. It was, however, my first game to watch in person in which Biggio was not in the lineup.


The final boxscore.



The game did conclude with a concert by Robert Earl Keen. I hadn't seen him in concert in a few years. I think the last time was at a concert in College Station at Wolf Pen Creek.

No comments: