Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bumming around

I am currently bumming around the country. I have applied for a commission with the Navy and am waiting to hear back from the board, which should be in mid-August. Until then, I just wait.

I have spent the past couple of weeks exploring South Dakota and Montana. I spent about a week in South Dakota. I went first to the Badlands National Park. I stayed 3 days, hiking and exploring the formations. I spent 1 night in the park and 1 night in the grasslands right outside the park. I then went to the Black Hills. I saw the Crazy Horse memorial and Mount Rushmore. I also took a cave tour of Jewel Cave. I then spent 3 days hiking in the Black Elk wilderness in the Black Hills. I then proceeded into Montana, stopping at the Little Bighorn battlesite. I spent the past weekend in Glacier National Park and am currently in Bozeman. Next week I will be hiking in the mountains around Bozeman.

If I had a way of getting paid to do what I am doing, I would do it. The only thing I can think of is being a contributing writer to a magazine. If only I had better writting skills!

No comments: