Saturday, November 15, 2008

Maybe it DOES matter!

I sometimes refer to myself as non-materialistic. That is a poor description.

A few weeks ago, my truck was hit by another driver. Since then, it has been in the shop being repaired. The insurance company has placed me in a rental car until the truck is fixed. The rental car is a PT Cruiser. I do not like the car.

Now not liking the car doesn’t make me materialistic. There could be lots of reasons to not like a car. Perhaps it handles poorly, gets bad gas mileage, doesn’t perform the way the driver needs it to or get to places you need to go. Several of these reasons exist for me. One of the reasons I got my truck was for its four-wheel drive capabilities. Because I do not have the truck right now, I am unable to use go to some places I want to go. For example, this week I had planned on going to Big Bend and hiking Mariscal Canyon. In order to get there, it requires driving a couple of hours down the 4x4 river road. The PT Cruiser wouldn’t make it. I do not particularly like the way the PT Cruiser handles. Of particular complaint is I do not like how it handles tight curves. This though could be because I am not use to it and not a flaw in the design. But what does make me material is the biggest reason I do not like the car, its looks.

I think the PT Cruiser is just ugly.

1 comment:

Nick Wilson said...

PT Cruisers are the ugliest cars ever. I've always said that. I hate them...