Thursday, February 4, 2010

Everything's Round

Several years ago, I heard a song on the radio called "Hey Woodie Guthrie." The song was by a band called Leftover Salmon. Reading more about the band, I learned that the song was unique for them as they usually didn't go into such politic realms in their music. The great thing about the band though was that since they made up their own genre, Polyethnic Cajun Slamgrass, they can do whatever they want.

I picked up their album Leftover Salmon and loved every song. One of them was Everything's round, written by Vince Herman, a member of the band.

Here, Vince performs Everything's Round and Mountain Top, both most excellent songs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could create something cool sounding like "polyethnic cajun slamgrass". I will def check out this band when I am not reading your blog on my phone.

chuck said...

It was me that posted that comment...not anon. Don't want you to think that left wing conspirators are reading your blog....just right wing nutjobs.