Saturday, November 13, 2010

Going it alone

I've written in the past about my desire to have a mentor. Someone to help guide me in life, to give me advise, to be candid about how I am doing. To have someone like this, one must be willing to submit to them. I am willing to open myself up to a mentor, to allow them to look at and analyze my life and give recommendations. But I haven't found anyone willing to be one.

I approached a person once about being a mentor and their response was that I didn't need one, that I was doing just fine. I knew the answers, I just needed to act them out.

I recently was talking to someone about life and the desire to find advise for some decisions I was making. I had been unable to find anything from pastors, books, or online. He said that maybe God just wanted me to depend on Him for the decision.

Perhaps he is right. I have had a mentor the entire time, God.

No comments: