Monday, March 21, 2011

To tell the truth

I was posed an interesting question today, if you should always be confident, how do you know when to make something up on the fly and saying it in a believable manner verses saying I don't know.

I saw this question played out soon after, a guy was asked a question which he didn't know the answer to. He made up an answer and said it confidently.  Someone retorted, "yeah? How do you know?"  He didn't have an answer and was found out. 

I've had times in my own life when I didn't know and made something believable up.  Sometimes I got away with it, but it seems that I usually got caught.  Maybe those are just the ones I remember.  Usually some research could result in an answer, but I chose another way.

Maybe the answer is to just know all you can, then it isn't an issue, right?  If only that easy!

I can't possible know everything, but I can anticipate what I might need to know and focus on those topics.

Perhaps that is the answer, learn all you can, guess on what you need to know.

No comments: