Monday, July 23, 2012

Mind your manners in the drive-thru

When you pull up to the McDonald's drive-thru, a voice says welcome and offers you an item.  Shortly after, a different voice comes on and welcomes you and takes your order.  Never wanting to be rude and ignore the first voice, I always say "no." My wife says that I am rude and a "no thanks" would be better. We often wonder if anyone hears our response to the first voice anyway.

Last night I made a late night run to the Mickey D's for dessert.  As I pulled up a voice said "Welcome to McDonald's, may I take your order?" Why, yes, yes you can, and I gave my order.  Then a different voice came on, "welcome to McDonald's, may I take your order?" The recorded voice got me for once. But I don't think anyone even heard it.

No comments: