Monday, December 31, 2007

Right Across the Street

My quest for a brown corduroy jacket has finally ended. I have the jacket. I spoke with my grandmother about my conundrum and she asked about Men's Wearhouse. I told her I didn't think we had one here but I would be in Corpus Christi for Christmas and that there was one there. She said she would get me a gift certificate to Men's Wearhouse so I could finally get my jacket.
The day I left for Corpus, I packed my bags, loaded the truck and pulled out onto my street. I turned right about a block down the road to get on the highway and lo and behold, there was a Men's Wearhouse. There had been one near me the entire time. So close I could have hit it with a rock.
Christmas in Corpus Christ was great. I got to spend time with friends and family and enjoyed my week there. I went to the beach almost everyday. That is the only thing I really like about Corpus Christi, wide open beaches. The day after Christmas I went to Men's Wearhouse and got my jacket, a brown corduroy in size 37S. We made the post Christmas sale and got the jacket half-off, leaving me enough money to buy a few shirts.
I caused myself plenty of unnecessary anxiety by not finding the Men's Wearhouse next door, but I learned an important lesson. If you wait long enough, grandma will buy your sports coat for you.

No comments: