Thursday, January 24, 2008

Scramble! Be Flexible!

I arrived at school today and found that my lesson could not be done. I was planning on giving a test but my co-teacher was absent. So I dug through the file cabinet and pulled out a lab on Galileo's Experiment. Galileo did an experiment to test the rate of falling objects. According to the story, he dropped two balls of different masses from the Tower of Pisa. He found that they hit the ground at the same time. My students reenacted this experiment using wooden blocks and sponges. They also dropped paper and had to explain why paper did not behave as expected. We also watched this video from the Apollo 15 hammer and feather drop.

My students LOVE space and get very excited. I am disappointed as well at the quality. We can send a man to the moon but our video is horrible!
The lab went great and the students loved it. Just another day in the life.

No comments: