Saturday, May 31, 2008

The only thing to do is start another journey

One of my favorite authors is Lawrence Millman. In one of his books, he mentions that when you reach your destination, the only thing to do is to start a new journey. I am reaching my destination and starting a new journey this week.

I wrapped up another school year today. The students finished yesterday with finals and today was a work day for teachers. We had to complete reports and turn them in to the appropriate parties today. I have two inservice days next week, so I still have more to do as a teacher, even though I won't be teaching.

Next Saturday, I leave for Alaska. I will be spending about 3 weeks there. We travel by boat from Vancouver to Anchorage, then travel by car to Fairbanks via Denali, and then to the Kenai Peninsula. I am looking forward to this trip! I will be taking a sled dog ride (though it won't be on ice or snow), a kayaking trip, hiking in Denali, fly fishing, and doing some biking. I am very excited about this trip! We see a lot of Alaska in our few days there. We will be in Ketichan, Skagway, Fairbanks, Anchorage, Denali, Homer, Seward, and Juneau. I think I would be fine in just one of these places for the three weeks!

No comments: