Thursday, June 26, 2008

The only thing to do

I am at the Anchorage airport, waiting for my plane to Houston. My three weeks in Alaska is coming to a close. It has been a great trip. I have gotten to see a lot of new things and try new things, like kayaking. I am really excited about kayaking and want to continue to do it when I return home.

One of my favorite authors is Lawrence Millman. In one of his books, he writes that when you complete a journey the only thing to do is start another one. So when I get home, that is exactly what I will be doing. I will be heading for Montana via the Badlands of South Dakota. Last year, I read several books on Crazy Horse. I became quite interested in him and am wanting to visit the black hills where Crazy Horse lived. I will also be visiting the fort he was killed at and the battle field at Greasy Grass (Little Bighorn). I will then be going to Montana. I will spend time in Glacier National Park as well as the mountains around Bozeman. I am looking forward to my next journey.

Even greater will be the one after that.

No comments: