Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Black Bear Wifi

I am on the internet thanks to Black Bear coffee shop in Denali Park. We have been on shore for two days now. My cousin and her husband flew back home yesterday. It was nice for them to be with us when we were on the cruise ship.

This was really the first time I got to meet my cousin. She lived only 4 hours away from me when we were growing up, but our families never did anything together and we haven't seen each other since we were very young. We got to learn about our different families, swap all the family gossip, and just learn about each other.

In previous posts, I wrote that for me, my family is just my direct ancestors. I will add a second cousin to that list of family members. She is the first family member my age that I have had any type of connection with. Any one else in my family even close to my age I have either never met or haven't seen in years. Perhaps for me, family isn't as much the relationship as in family connection, but the relationship in knowing the person who happens to also be family.

No comments: