Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Go Braves

With the announcement the Houston Astros would be going to the American League, I gave up on the team I had been a fan of since childhood.  I grew up watching my heros of Bagwell and Biggio.  My first baseball game was in the Astrodome and I watched their farm team, the Hooks.  But the move to the AL, with the unbaseball-like DH was too much.

Since I live in Georgia, I picked up the local team, the Atlanta Braves.  They had always been a respected rival in the NL, stopping up many-A-time in the playoffs from earning a pennant.

Though no longer a 'stros fan, I still hold an important part of being a 'stros fan.  An undying hatred of the St Louis Cardinals and Albert Pujoles for hitting that 3 run homer in the 9th in Game 5 of the 2005 NLCS.  When the AL 'stros play the Cardinals, I will make an exception of rooting for an AL team over an NL team.  Never forget!

No comments: