Saturday, March 19, 2016

Embrace your heritiage

As Christians, I think it is good for us to remember our heritage in the old testament.

At dinner each night, our family reads from the Bible. We use a reading schedule our church puts out. Right now, the daily readings are from Exodus. I usually try to include some context, so the other night I asked my kids how the Israelites got to Egypt. We ended up walking through the story from Joseph being sold a slave to Moses leading the Israelites across the dry ground of the Red Sea.

At bed time, I usually read a chapter to my oldest daughter. Last night we started the book of Esther. I didn't realize that Purim was next week, but I did teach her to boo whenever the name of Haman is read.

I think it is important that we learn the stories of the old testament, remember what our God has done, understand our heritage, and remember that it all points to the promised one, mashiach, Jesus Christ.

No comments: