Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Missing the Train

Walt Wilkins and the Mytiqueros have a song called Trains I Missed. Part of the song is:
It's a big old world but I've found my way
And the hell and the hurt lead me straight to it
Here's to the trains I missed

Here's to this place I've found
The love I've known
The earth and the sky
That I call home
Here's to the things I need
Bigger than me
And the moments I find myself right where I'm suppose to be


(You can click here to see the entire lyrics.)


The point of the song is that our lives our guided by our past. We have ended up where we are today because of the path of yesterday. Sometimes we see things in our lives that we desire or think is good for us, but in the end, we do not capture them. We miss them. In looking in our past, we see that missing those things was exactly what we needed and we ended up just where we were suppose to be.

Here's to the trains I've missed. The relationships that didn't work out. The opportunities that didn't occur. The times I didn't take a chance. The times I trusted my gut instead of my desire. The times things went completely wrong.

Here's to the place I've found. The relationships that did work out. The opportunities that did occur. The times I did take a chance. The times my mind was right. The times things went completely right.

I do not understand why somethings in my life do not work out. Perhaps in the future I will toast this moment. Perhaps I will not! One thing is for certain, the train is past and I am on another track.

1 comment:

michellereyes said...

love the song...hopefully one day i'll look back on the track i've fallen off of and see it led me to where i need to be...