Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Gift

This Christmas, I received presents like usual. However, one in particular stood out. It was a card from a friend of mine. Inside the card, she included a poem she had written for Christmas. It was the first time I have ever received poetry as a gift and really liked the poem. To top it off, when she wrote my name on the card, she wrote it the same way I wrote my name when I was a kid, capitalizing the first two letters of my fist name. The gift of the card and poem were the best gift I received. I would like to share the poem with you.

Special Glimpse

I made
A special request
For the night of
Christmas Eve.

So set the milk out
And the cookies
And don't
Be so naive!

Santa's coming
With his reindeer,
Eight in total
One can see,

To give
This poem
To my special
Friends and family!

If you're quick
And you tiptoe
You might just
Catch a glimpse

At the long white beart
And rosy face,
That never looks
Too tense!

Don't wait too long
You'll miss him
For he's fast
And he must leave,

But I gave
You this hint
For tonight is
Christmas Eve!


Now the poem does raise a question. How am I suppose to know to go look at Santa if I don't receive the poem until he delivers it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

answer: I was going to get it to you for Christmas Eve...

Just remember to read it next on Christmas Eve!