Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Kayaking Town Lake

Last friday I went kayaking on Town Lake. I used the same rental place that I used when I went the week before.

My trip took me from the MOPAC bridge to the Tom Mill dam and back. When paddling upstream, there is an island before the dam. I took the left hand route (when facing upsteam) going up and the other side when coming down. I felt that though my route had me go up a narrow route, that it was slightly easier because I wasn't in the main current.

There are several houses that line Town Lake, though they are mainly up on the cliffs. Neat view, but hopefully they have access to the lake.

View looking upstream. The island is around the bend.
This turtle is the only one who stayed on the rock. There were 4 turtles, but the others jumped as I came by.
The Tom Miller Dam. On the other side of the dam is Lake Austin.
On the way back down stream, I saw these swans. I stopped and watched them for awhile. Note the three cygnets.

I am really enjoying kayaking. I've only been out three times now, but really like it. I hope to keep going about once a week.

1 comment:

michelle said...

Hey, Clinton! I have a photo like yours when we went there last summer! I don't think i can post it here, but i'll show you on fb.
Hope you're enjoying your time...
miss you! michelle (reyes...from midland...lol)