Thursday, July 9, 2009

I Will Go

My job is having me move again next week, my 2nd move this month. I'll then be making two more moves in two and four months, respectively. My move next week is taking me away from my training, which will be completed when I return in two months, and placing me into my job, before I have completed training. The leaving and returning is not part of the normal training plan. I am not really sure what they will do with me when I arrive, I don't even know if they know I am coming. I don't know what I will be doing when I get there and am not even trained to do what I should be doing. I don't have a place to stay yet and my affairs are not in order. But I will go. And I will do.

God calls us this way to do His will. I wouldn't say that I am ready to do God's will, I still have so much more to learn! But He calls us and sends us as we are.

Jonah was certainly not ready for his job, he even tried to escape from it! God decided to not let Jonah flee but instead convinced him to go to Ninevah after being thrown off the ship and swallowed by a whale. Jonah went and did his job, and did it quite well! The message of God was received by the people and they repented of their sins and God did not destroy them.

The disciples were certainly not prepared when they were sent out. They seemed to understand very little of what Jesus taught them at the time. But they were sent out and how powerful they were! The ministry of Jesus that they continued to carry out has perpetuated 2,000 years later because of what they and others following them have done.

Moses was not prepared for his job. He seemed quite happy to be a shepherd when God called him to go and speak to Pharaoh. He tried to reason with God that he wasn't even capable of doing the task because of his speech. Reluctantly, Moses went. He led the Israelites out of Egypt and to through the desert, delivering them to the promise land.

These people were successful not because of something special about them. They were successful because of the Spirit of God working in them. When God sends us places, he doesn't send us alone, but with His Spirit. In Matthew 10, Jesus tells the disciples that he is sending them out and they will be attacked like sheep in the midst of wolves. That they will be arrested and killed. But he tells them to not worry for the Spirit of God will be working in them and leading their speech.

My job may not be leading me into a den of wolves for the sake of God, but I still go with God's Spirit. As a Christian, I am always to be a testament of God's love, a light unto the world. I go with the assurance that God goes with me. In Him do I trust. I will go and God will be with me.

1 comment:

M.Reyes said...

I enjoyed reading this post for personal reasons. I applied for, but did not get selected for the AP job at MFHS. As the hours pass, I grow increasingly upset. It isn't that I didn't get the job, its the reasoning behind why I didn't get the job. I hope that there is a grand plan, because I'm not feeling happiness right now. I want to be wanted---is that wrong?