Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Not seeing is believing

In Ross King's song Better Days Await, he sings "Give to me the chance to see the thing that I am gonna be and I will trust in You. If it were that easy right now I'd be fine. But faith is more than living for the things that we can see in store and look so forward to. So maybe I'll just have to wait upon Your perfect time."

What if I spend my entire life counting on something to happen that never happens? Now, counting on it means that I have been preparing for it and doing what I can to see that it happens, but I cannot control it. I cannot make it happen. It may never happen.

Is this bad? I think I am better for it. I think the preparations have made me a better person. But what if my preparing for one thing causes me to miss another?

How easy it would be if God would just tell me what will happen in the future. I could then make the correct preparations and not miss the opportunity. Instead, He has told me to have faith and to trust Him.

The chorus of the song is "And I'll be fine, life is great. Better times await"

I'll be fine, life is great. Better times await. I trust in the Lord.

No comments: