Monday, July 5, 2010

I might not know, but who will know?

Terri Hendrix has a song called Be Willing. You can hear it on her myspace page.

It is a simple song that talks about being willing to go out and seek answers in life. To be willing to have an open mind to the world around you. To be willing to admit that you can be strong enough to know you don't know everything. Several lines stick out, the chorus especially, with the line "you're old enough to know nothing at all."

I agree with her. There is a certain peace in admitting that you know nothing at all. To always be seeking out answers.

I might have some ideas that I have learned along the way. I know they might not be the correct answer but I will share them with you. But that doesn't mean that you know the answer. I may not accept your answer, but I will listen. Yet, I will also continue to seek out the answer. Sometimes I might just be seeking the person who will tell me that my answer is indeed correct.

Will you accept my answer if it is correct, even if it is just for me?

No comments: