Sunday, November 25, 2007

Dashing Through the Snow

I love snow. We have had some snow here the last few days. It hasn't been very cold so the snow doesn't accumulate for long, but I love to watch the snow. Anytime it snows I open my windows and watch it or go outside and watch it.

For some reason, many people here do not like the snow. They stay home and do not do anything. They talk about how cold it is. The sanctuary was almost empty this morning at church because of a few inches of snow and a temperature of 35. There wasn't even any ice on the road! I do not understand people who complain about the snow. It is so pretty to watch. I love to play in it. When I see it snowing, it makes me want to do more!

I hope I never "outgrow" loving snow. I would love to live some place where there is lots of snow that stays all winter long. I also hope I never complain about the weather.

I was reminded of a Bible verse today by a friend.
Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe
Philippians 2: 14 - 15

How often do we go through life complaining? And at what do we complain about? We complain that it is sunny or cloudy, hot or cold, too dry or too wet, too bright or too dark. Has our complaining ever changed the weather? The rain falls on the righteous and the unrighteous so we are left with little to complain about. To me, weather and the changes in nature illustrate the beauty of God's creation. I enjoy the outdoors because of the weather, not in spite of the weather.

Go out and enjoy the snow!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I went out to enjoy the snow. But there is none...

I like playing in snow, but driving in it is a different thing. That's how you fall off a mountain.