Saturday, February 16, 2008

Hit the road, Jack!

That's just about what my principal told me! I am being sent to Austin for two conferences this coming week. I will be in Austin from the 20th through the 27th. The first conference is called Inclusion Works! It is a workshop on special education. Inclusion means including special education students in regular classroom environments. I am playing a part in that. This year I am co-teaching. Meaning I have a special education teacher with me in my classroom. We have no direction in what we are doing. We asked for training at the beginning of the year and this is our training. The second conference is called Change Summit II. I am not sure what is meant by the name. It is a conference for Title I schools. Title I means that we have a large population of students who are low-SES. It is measured using the free or reduced lunch forms. My school is 40+% free or reduced lunch. It is three days with each day focusing on a different topic. Day 1 is The Role of Assessment in a PLC. Day 2 is Building Background Knowledge for Academic Acheivement. Day 3 is Discipline and Working with Parents. I am not sure what either conference will entail, but I am looking forward to them.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I didn't know you were going to ATX again. You're trying to outscore me! Have fun.