Saturday, February 9, 2008

Stranger in a Strange Land

I often feel like a stranger in a strange land. I have rarely felt like I was in a place I belong. I rarely feel like things I am doing are things that I completely agree with. When I look at society, I feel almost polar opposite of what is normal. As you know, the outdoors is a huge part of my life. It is what I long for and is where I am most comfortable. However, I am in disagreement philosophically with a large portion of those who share the outdoors with me. I love music. I am almost always listening to music. However, I am often in disagreement philosophically with the music I listen to. Yet I keep listening! I do not think I have ever found a political party or politician that I really agreed with. I disagree philosophically with society. Our society is focused on consumerism, sex, and wealth. I do not live for any of these things.

I imagine most of us could agree with this. Few of us would feel like we fit in with everyone around us. Most of us continue to seek to find our place in the world and our never satisfied.

God tells us that this world is only temporary. The Bible tells us that we are made for a different place, this is not our home. But this world was made by God. It was corrupted by man, but it is still God's creation. I will cherish His creation while preparing for my future home. I am a stranger in a strange land.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Speaking of strange lands; I am reading this from across that great ocean! Seoul is a strange land indeed.