Thursday, October 8, 2009

Change

Change is inevitable. The seasons inevitably change. The warmth of summer will turn to the cool of fall and the cold of winter. The land inevitably changes. Mountains grow where the land was once flat. Rivers dry up where they once ran wild. The Man in the Mountain crumbled. Kilauea continues to erupt, increasing the size of the island of Hawaii. People inevitably change. Babies are born. Peoples' bodies show the wear of age. Children who were once small are now large adults. Death continues to reign over all who live. The weather inevitably changes. The rain of one day turns to the sunshine of another. The heat of one day is replaced by the coolness of the next. Relationships inevitably change. I meet new people. I discover things about people and dissolve the relationship. I discover things about people and strengthen the relationship. I lose touch with people I know as time and distance separate us.

But do I have to change? Just because a relationship changes, do I have to change in response to that? Will I some day have to make a decision to change from where I am today?

Everything changes, but does that have to include me?

No comments: