Thursday, June 27, 2019

The Long Drive

After having breakfast at the La Quinta we were staying at in Billing, Montana, we loaded back into the minivan for the long drive. Today would be 670 miles across eastern Montana, North Dakota, and into Minnesota.

Leaving Billings we took I-94 instead of staying on I-90. Our reason was 2 fold. 1, we had already driven I-90 west through South Dakota so didn't want to backtrack. And 2, I hadn't been to North Dakota yet.

Crossing into North Dakota marked off my 46th state that I've been too. Only Washington, Oregon, New Hampshire, and Vermont are on my list of states I haven't been to.


Around lunch time we were passing the Painted Canyon Visitor Center of Theodore Roosevelt National Park.



Seemed like a good place for lunch and a stretch. We pulled into the parking lot and made sandwiches and enjoyed the view.






An hour later, back on the road.

Wait, is that a cow?


Yes. That is a cow. Salem Sue.


More driving through North Dakota and then found a Chick-fil-a in Fargo for dinner. For my family, that's a big deal. Them not going without Chick-fil-a for 2 weeks is worse than breaking a drug habit.


Final view for the day, the Minnesota state line.

9 hours and 36 minutes later, we made it to the AmicInn in Fergus Falls, Minnesota for the night. Quite a day, highlight being a cow statue and some chicken for dinner. Something that the kids will surely not remember.

Pool time.

No comments: