Sunday, November 25, 2007

Howdy There Shorty!

According to this report, the average height of people my age, race, and sex is 5' 10.6." I am 5' 5.75." I am almost 5 inches below average. This doesn't really bother me until I go clothes shopping. Sometimes it is almost impossible to buy a shirt my size. I wear a men's small button up shirt but stores rarely have these in stock. JC Penny's carries shirts by Pierre Cardin. I love the styles but they do not sell men's smalls. Recently, I went shopping to buy a brown corduroy sports coat. I spent an entire afternoon at the mall trying to find a store that sold this coat in a 36 S. Finally, I went to Jos. A Banks. Surely a men's store would sell a coat in my size! I walked in and asked the floor walker about the corduroy jackets. They are pricey, but I am willing since I have not found anything at the other stores. He asked me my size and I told him a 36 S. He said they didn't have the corduroy jacket in that size. OK, I am use to that so I decided to try for a wool overcoat. He told me that I didn't understand, they don't sell any clothes in a 36 S. The smallest they have is 38. Even a men's store doesn't sell clothes for a man!

Well, I am use to be treated like that when clothes shopping. I had never had a problem with other types of shopping. Sure the HEB by my place got new carts that are bigger and the handlebar is shoulder height, but the new small short carts are perfect. Well, I had a problem today. I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to buy some picture frames for presents. They placed the items in a large plastic bag for me to carry. I grabbed the bag, walk off and "thunk!" I realize that I am dragging this bag! The large plastic bags are so large that they drag on the floor when I carry them! I had to choke up on the bag to keep it off the ground.

A goofy thing to be commenting on? Perhaps. But then again, you are pry reading this while wearing a Pierre Cardin shirt and a brown corduroy jacket. I can only dream of that day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you shouldn't shop at a real Man's Store! If I can heckle Chris, surely I can heckle you too.